St. Patrick's Church
The St. Patrick's Church is the most recently built Roman Catholic Church on the island. It was built in 2009 and consecrated by Most Rev. Gabriel Malzaire on June 18th 2009.
This church is located north of the island. It is much bigger than the St.Martin de Porres Church, hence the St.Patrick's Church is the main church of the parish
Parish Organizations and Classes
St. Martin de Porres Church
The unusual A-frame or "Swiss chalet" design of this church makes it quite a landmark. The church was built 1980. It used to be the only Roman Catholic church on the island until 2009.
The other two churches that were further south of the island have been destroyed by volcanic eruptions in 1997. St Martin's was used as an evacuation shelter for over a year, but was re-dedicated and put back into use as a church in March 1999.
Meet Our Parish Priest
Father George Agger is a member of the Divine Word Missionaries. He is a long way from his original home Ireland, but is reminded of it often on our own Emerald Isle.
Born on December 12, 1942, he served as missionary priest in the Philippines from 1970 to 1979; then later on between 1980-1996 he returned to Ireland. St. Kitts and Nevis was his next call of duty in 1997- 2006; and then he was assigned to our beloved Montserrat in August 2006.